Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Allie Jane

As you can see, I changed the name and URL for our blog! I was getting a little bored of just "The Butler's." "The 'B' House" sounds more creative and fun ;). 

I guess since she is almost 4 months now, I should introduce our littlest Butler!
Courtney Jacobs Photography

This is Miss Allie Jane Butler! Born September 17th, 2014 at 11:31 pm. Weighing in at 7lbs 2oz and 18.5 inches long! Allie was born via an all natural water birth! It was such an amazing experience! Painful, yes, but so calm and peaceful! She didn't enter the world screaming, but just staring around like, "Alright, I'm here, lets do this!" and her personality has been calm and happy ever since! 

The name, Allie Jane, comes from my great grandmother, Allie Jane (Greer) Gladden. My Grandpa Gladden's mother. I never had the privilege of ever meeting her, but I know she was/is an amazing woman! At Allie's blessing, my grandma Gladden gave her a gift of a quilt. It is a quilt that Allie Jane, herself, hand pieced and sewed together! My grandma has had the quilt top just laying around for years. She quilted it up and gave it to our Allie Jane! It is such a beautiful quilt! It is hanging on her crib until she is old enough to actually use! Right now, I use it for her monthly pictures.

Lisa McKnight Photography
Lisa McKnight Photography
Lisa McKnight Photography
Lisa McKnight Photography


Lisa McKnight Photography

Lisa McKnight Photography

As you can tell, we are so in love with our precious little girl!

We are so lucky blessed to have such a happy baby! She rarely ever cries unless she is hungry or tired! and even then, it's only a little whimper! She has slept through the night since about 5 weeks! Mamma is happy she enjoys her sleep! Allie loves baths and has since she was able to take "big girl" baths! She can be fussy, but once you put her in a warm bath, she gets a huge smile on her face! The past week, she has discovered that kicking the water makes splashes and that is fun! She squeals in excitement every time! 
This was her first ever "Real" bath


We got this little bath toy out and she LOVES it


She is starting to grab things! Her favorite is to grab at bright designs on your shirt! Or mommy's hair! Her hand-eye coordination is getting pretty good! She has recently been more interested in Winnie, our yellow lab. She likes to feel her fur and pull at her nose! Winnie is starting to re-think this whole baby thing ;). 
I think they are going to be best buds


Allie is able to roll over from tummy to back like a pro and will sometimes roll from back to tummy! Especially if she loses her pacifier and needs to roll over to get it back in her mouth! She can hold her head up pretty well when she is on her tummy, and will sometimes pull her legs up like she wants to crawl! Who knows, maybe she will start crawling at 4 months like her mamma! 


She hasn't quite learned how to giggle, but sometimes if we try really hard and when she is pretty sleepy drunk, we can get one or two out of her! Smiling is her favorite though! Every morning, she wakes up with a big one on her face! I like to sing, "Good morning to you" (in the tune of Happy Birthday) to her every morning and she thinks thats the best thing in the world! 


This is her "roller coaster" dream pose ;)


A few days ago she started trying to mimic what we say. if we hum and move our voice up and down, she tries to do the same! She also likes to "sing" along with music! It so fun watching her grow and learn! It amazes me how babies' brains develop! 

Every month I take a picture of her next to a sock monkey! That way we can see how much she is growing compared to the monkey! 



We also have her on a monthly picture plan with our photographer! I'm so glad I ended up doing it! I love them and our photographer is so talented! 
Newborn

1 Month

2 months

3 months

This one is my favorite! I love that the photog. lets me get in the pics also!
Grant and I are so blessed to have been trusted to help raise one of Heavenly Father's children! We couldn't imagine our lives without our sweet Allie Jane! She adds so much more purpose and sunshine to our lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment