Sunday, January 4, 2015

To Love, Cherish Encircle and Enclose

Say what? It's 2015 already! I can't even believe it! I know everyone says it, but seriously, 2014 FLEW! I know, I've slacked so much blogging, but life has been pretty busy the past almost 4 months with the new addition to our family! Little miss Allie Jane, that is! I will do a special little post all about our sweet little girl in a bit! But for now, here is a cute picture of her I took this morning.

As you all know, I choose a word every year to use as my theme or mantra. Last year's word was "cleave," and I feel it fit our year pretty well! Grant and I's marriage has flourished tremendously! It was a tough year with my parents moving and us becoming parents! But, we survived and we are getting the hang of it all! Grant is truly my best friend and I can rely on him in any circumstance! 

This year's word was pretty easy to choose. It has been something I've been needing to do for far too long! the word is "embrace." 
The word, "embrace," means to cherish, love, encircle, and enclose. This year I want to focus on embracing my family. My little Allie Jane is growing and changing so fast and I don't want to miss a moment of it. My husband is so precious to me. I want need to be his biggest fan in life. My Savior is the most important person in my life. He comes first in everything. These three people in my life are in need of my embracing. I often find myself spending so much time on my phone and social media! It has become such a distraction. My house gets neglected, my spiritual obligations get pushed to the side, and my full attention is not focused on my husband and daughter. 

This year I am taking a HUGE step back from social media. It has honestly become an addiction. Addicted to the need to post and be updated on all my friends! Don't worry, I'm not totally leaving. Just taking a big cut back. Today is the 4th and I haven't been on Facebook or Instagram since. It has been a real eye opener as to how much of a habit it is. Every 20 mins it seemed, I caught myself flipping through my phone! It's pretty embarrassing admitting it! I have been so productive these past few days. Chores done, dinner cooked, etc. I've also been able to spend real quality time with Allie. I never want to feel like I'm not going her my 100% ever again! We sing songs, read books, and practice tummy time together! We have so much fun! I've kept myself so busy, that once 9 o'clock comes around, I'm pooped and there is still no time for social media! Social media is such a bitter sweet thing! It's amazing to me how easy it is to be sucked into it! 

Wow, now that I have gone on a whole other tangent! haha 

I'm excited for this year's theme! I think I'm really going to benefit from it! As well as my husband and daughter. Allie is almost 4 months old and we are working on getting into a schedule. Being away from technology and social media has really helped. It's hard work trying to get a rhythm going. Grant and I were just talking about how our lives are changing (for the better) and how gone are the days of staying up until 2 am and going out at the drop of a hat. I turn into a pumpkin at 10pm it seems! Freak, we fell asleep at 9 on New Year's Eve! haha talk about old people status ;) 

2015 is going to be exciting! Allie is going to learn to sit up, crawl, walk, and talk! I Love seeing her learn and grow! Sometimes I swear I can see her brain churning!

I hope you all had a great holiday! And I pray 2015 brings lots of happy moments and blessing! Cheers and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment